At around 9pm I tweeted a picture of a book I’ve published called THE GREATEST COMEBACK, which has been shortlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year. It turned out to be an omen… I don’t think any of us genuinely saw that coming. I don’t know if I am alone, but it still feels like a result which delays the inevitable. Yes, I’m delighted we won, but it merely papers over the cracks which were still very apparent for much of the game. So a few comments for you to chew on…
We were as awful in the first half, as we were against Brighton
2. It was a game of two halves.
3. Something was put in their drinks at half time.
4. While some players came to life in the second half, Andy Carroll did not.
5. Andre Ayew did his chances of starting on Saturday no harm at all.
6. Manuel Lanzini is coming back to fitness and form.
7. Adrian made some fine saves but looked shaky on occasions too.
8. Cresswell did well down the left, making some rampaging attacks.
9. Declan Rice and Angelo Ogbonna looked a good partnership… in the second half.
10. Slaven Bilic won’t be sacked in the morning.